Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Sunday Reflections( 6-18-17)

I never cease to be amazed at the work of God in His church. It is such a blessing to be a part of a fellowship where God is moving. I love to get up each Sunday morning with a spirit of expectation and anticipation of what God is going to do in our worship services and in the life of our church. This past Sunday was no exception. Our worship services were filled with the power of the Holy Spirit. We saw decisions made for Christ once again. Someone stopped me after Sunday School before our second worship to tell me that God had done a work in his heart that morning and that he had made some things right with God. It was just a tremendous day. We thank God that another family was added to our fellowship Sunday morning...Welcome Tommy and Janice McCullough! 

The message Sunday morning was a great challenge to our men, as well as to every christian in our church. Our text was Ezekiel 22.30: "And I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none..." I want the phrase, "Will You be that Man?" to burn in your heart this week. Will you be that man that answers the call of God on your life? Will you answer the call to salvation, surrender and service? Will you be the man that rises to that call, motivated by how he has blessed you? Motivated to do something for Him because of His promises to you? And will you be that man that rises to the occasion and says, "Stop the search! I am your man! You do not have to search any longer for a man to make up the hedge and stand in the gap! I am here!" Will You be that Man?

Church, God is looking for one man to wake up and realize that the hedge is weakening and the gap is widening in our homes, in our churches and in our nation, and then to rise up and say, "Lord, I will be that man that you are searching for ..."

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And that which I can do, by the grace of God, I will do." D.L. Moody

Until Next Time,
Bro. Pastor

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some Things God has Never Seen!

I love listening to other preachers. David Gallamore, Johnny Hunt, HB Charles, Jr. and Adrian Rogers are my favorites. Preachers come in all...