Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Sunday Reflections (7-30-17)

It was another wonderful day in the house of God this past Sunday. God is so gracious to His people. There is something special about gathering together with brothers and sisters in Christ and worshiping the Lord Jesus. I love to sing to Him. I love to pray to Him. I love to give to Him. I love to preach about Him. He is worthy of it all!

In our study on "The Church Ablaze," this past Sunday we encountered a man Set Ablaze for God. His name was Saul of Tarsus- you and I know him better as the Apostle Paul. When God saved Paul on the Damascus Road, He taught us that: 1) He can save anybody, and 2) He can use anybody in His service. Paul went from Sinner to Saint in a measureless moment, and he went from Saint to Servant in a matter of weeks and months. 

I was taught Evangelism at Southeastern Seminary by Dr. Alvin Reid. In his class, we were certified in Continous Witnessing Training, commonly referred to as CWT. We were also taught in his class (to the best of my recollection) a simple outline that could be used to share our testimony with someone we were witnessing to, in less than 2.5 minutes. We wrote our testimony down, edited it, and then practiced sharing it with our classmates. The outline is easy to remember and I believe has a Biblical example. As I shared our sermon Sunday about Paul from the book of Acts, I shared that brief outline with our people:

I. MY LIFE BEFORE RECEIVING CHRIST (Saul the Sinner) (Acts 9.1-2; 1st Tim. 1.13-15)

II. HOW I CAME TO KNOW CHRIST IN SAVING FAITH (Saul the Saint) (Acts 9. 3-18)

III. MY LIFE AFTER RECEIVING CHRIST (Saul the Servant) (Acts 9.20-30ff)

"Sinner>Saint>Servant!"

What a wonderful story and one of the most life changing, history impacting  conversions in the world! But it is also very practical and applicable. Take some time this week and write down your personal testimony of conversion. After writing it down, edit it down to the basics until you can share it in 2-3 minutes. Then practice it throughout the day as you drive, as you are on break, or as you spend time with a family member or friend. Finally, share it with a lost person in confidence, and then let God do the rest...

...Oh yeah...I know what many of you are thinking. You are thinking that your testimony is not as powerful and dramatic as Paul's.... Oh yes it is. You were a wicked sinner headed for hell. You were a vile sinner who needed a Savior. Your sin was no less repugnant to God than Paul's sin. Yet God in His grace reached as far down to save your unworthy soul as He did to save Paul's. YOU have a story to tell. I have a story to tell. Let's share it!

Until Next Time,
Bro. Pastor
Gal. 2.20

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some Things God has Never Seen!

I love listening to other preachers. David Gallamore, Johnny Hunt, HB Charles, Jr. and Adrian Rogers are my favorites. Preachers come in all...